Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cross Country Day!


5...4...3...2...1 Have a Good Ride!

Brynn and Michael over the first fence

Thankfully our Area 6 Young Riders had very good cross country rides today! Natalie rode beautifully came in with some time faults and Brynn managed to finish on a amazing double clear ride! Natalie is currently in 24th place going in to show jumping and Brynn is in 12th, however the scores are so close we are extremely excited!

Brynn look pretty professional in her Professional's Choice Jump Pad



Bob casually photo bombing

Brynn in warm up


Brynn walking to the start box





Brynn over the last jump!

Brynn and Michael:

WOW! Today was just an absolute blast for me. It is such a joy to ride Michael cross country. He has this huge gallop that makes time seem irrelevant and is scopey that the jumps seem easy. I woke up this morning feeling really good about the course and not as nervous as I thought I would be. Because my nerves were in check my head was really there today, I could process my course as it came. I was able to change my lines depending on how Michael was riding, which is a huge step forward in my education.  Its amazing to think your galloping the same lanes that so many of the greatest riders in the world have. I aspire to someday ride at Rolex and once again enter the Head of the Lake, just maybe over a larger jump. A huge shout out to my vet box crew that were so efficient in getting Michael cooled off and understanding of his special traits (lets just say you must keep a carrot in the mouth at all times). Michael iced all afternoon and got his share of IV fluids along with carrots of course! We jogged for our vet Laura Werner and he looked great--knock on wood. Michael is now getting some well deserved rest while we head off to celebrate with some unorthodox dancing at the competitors party. Thank you for all the support! We will jump our hearts out tomorrow hopefully leaving all the colorful poles up.



Natalie doing some last minute adjustments
Natalie and Casey:

Today was absolutely amazing! I am so proud of Casey! He was an absolute rock star. The course rode very nicely and David O'Connor did not design a course for the weak hearted. Luckily, Casey is extremely fit from his months of conditioning at Gilroy's local county park. Although we lost a shoe somewhere in the course, the farrier did an amazing job on the new one. I never did get the old one back....the stewardess seems to think someone might have seen it as an interesting souvenir.  Despite this fact, Casey galloped around the course like a champ. His mom might have interfered a little more than necessary, but Casey did a fantastic job. The vets even complimented his amazing fitness. Personally, I loved jumping into the "Rolex Head of the Lake". There is something special about jumping into it and thinking about how many great riders have ridden in this same place. What made the experience even more Rolex-like was the little crowd that cheered you on once you had completed the area's obstacles. It was truly a memorable experience. I also especially loved the water combination farther back in the course. It was a half round brush to a skinny in the water. The jumps rode especially well and the splash was a cooling relief. All in all, the course was expertly designed and beautifully constructed. Today has really inspired me to try even harder in future events. It really was an amazing experience to ride on the Kentucky Horse Park course and I would definitely jump at the chance to do it again!


Natalie and Casey in warm up!



The mobile Area VI cheering squad


Thanks for the flowers Hawley! 
Casey getting fluid treatment after cross country

No comments:

Post a Comment