Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Meet The Team

With all of our Area VI horses officially checked into the competition we think you all are ready to meet our team!

Natalie Kuhny: Hi there! This summer I am here at NAJYRC competing on the 1* team! I attended NAJYRC last year for the Mentorship Program, and it inspired me to come back the next year as a competitor. Needless to say, the hard work has payed off, and here I am! So, here are a few fun facts about me! To begin, I am from Calabasas, CA, and I am 18 years old. I just recently started training with Dayna Lynd-Pugh in Gilroy, CA (which only is a five hour commute). This year I will be a freshman at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (aka my dream school of 5 years). My horse's name is Case Closed II, or Casey, and I have had this little thoroughbred for 2 years. I purchased Casey from Buck Davidson who assured me that this horse is one-of-a-kind. That single thought has never left my mind. This horse loves eventing and is my trusty steed that would take me to the moon and back if I asked him. I am so unbelievably excited for this weekend, and know that we are here to give it our all! We have been working very hard in the past months, and we can only improve from here!




Brynn Littlehale: Hello all! I am here at NAJYRC competing as a member of the one star team. I am 17 years old and live in Saratoga, CA. I have trained with Dayna Lynd Pugh at Flying Tail Farms for 3 years now. I will be starting my freshman year at Santa Clara University in the fall. Words cannot describe how excited I am to be here! I tried to qualify last year on my mare Coup D'Etat but unfortunately she got injured. I have made it this year with my new partner in crime Forgotten Emblem (Michael). I bought Michael February of this year so we are still in our beginning stages but I absolutely love him and cannot wait to see what the future holds. 



Ainsleigh Mitchell: Hi! I'm Ainsleigh I am 16 years old and I am here in Kentucky with the mentorship program. I live in Saratoga, California and have been training with John Michael Durr for the past three years, and just recently started training with Dayna Lynd Pugh who is here coaching this weekend. For the past couple days I have been helping groom for Area VI, but I will be spending the rest of the week mentoring under the Safety Coordinator, the Technical Delegate, and the Ground Jury. I have already learned so much and I can't wait to see what the rest of the week has to offer. 



Kelly Loria: Hey Readers! I'm here at NAJYRC this year grooming for the Area VI team. I am currently the young rider representative for Area VI and competed in the 1* at NAJYRC in 2010 with my mare Lucy in Sky with Diamonds. If all goes well I really would love to come back and compete on the Area VI 2* team with Lu before I age out of the program. As of now I'm just enjoying my horses and the awesome horse and rider combinations here in Kentucky! 


Hawley Bennet-Awad: Hawley is our brand new Area VI young rider coach! Hawley has amazing experience competing in multiple 4* competitions representing Canada. Even though Hawley was unable to join us at championships this year, we are extremely excited to work with her in future. 



Dayna Lynd-Pugh: The lovely Dayna is with us this weekend coaching her two students Brynn and Natalie. Dayna is the owner of Flying Tail Farms in Gilroy, California and is a long time contributor to the Young Rider Program. She has coached multiple teams to gold!



Laura Powell: Laura is one of the sweetest people here in Kentucky and we are very lucky to have her here as the Area VI Chef d' Équipe. She is the owner of Capstone Farms in Davis California. Laura is also our dedicated Area VI Young Rider Coordinator and puts here heart and soul into all of her commitments.



Laura Werner: Laura is our Team veterinarian works at Hagyard Equine Facility as a sport horse surgeon. She is such an amazing addition to our team this year and crucial to keeping our horses happy and healthy! We really appreciate all the help and guidance she has provided to our team. 



Erika Carson: Erika is our co-team member from Area IX that we met today. Her horse, Celtic Prince, truly lives up to his name with his majestic figure! Erika is so incredibly nice, and we are happy to have her on the team.  

Amy Gilbertson: Amy is our fourth, and final, member of the team! She is so sweet, and has such a positive personality. Her horse, One Honest Man, is such a sweetheart and we absolutely adore him! This pair is such a great addition to our team. 

Bob: Our not so trusty golf cart, who unfortunately was unable speed to the front of the parade despite 


No comments:

Post a Comment